Lionfish Category Rules:
- All entries must abide by state and federal laws.
- This is an honor-based competition. Any participant found to not be honorable would be disqualified.
- Competition begins February 1st at 12:00 AM and ends on November 30th at 11:59 pm.
- All lionfish submitted to competition must be taken off the coast of the State of Florida.
- All lionfish must be measured with its mouth closed and mouth pushed up against a wall or board (see pictures below)
- Enter Lionfish for Most to win the top Lionfish Category prize. You can also enter your LONGEST and SMALLEST measured in centimeters to claim either one of those prizes. (rounding down to nearest centimeter, example: 18.4cm lionfish would receive a submission of 18cm.)
- Any leaderboard changes for longest mud the longer by 1cm, and any changes for shortest mud the shorter by 1cm.
- To submit your catch, use one of the following:
- Take a picture of your catch so that they can be counted. Your Florida Spearfishing Hat and a source showing the date of the catch must be in the picture. Submit picture. Name at least one witness.
- Take a video of the count with your Florida Spearfishing Hat and a source for the date in the video. Submit link to the video. Name the witness.
- If participating in a Lionfish Derby, submit picture of your catch with your Florida Spearfishing Hat along with the Official count sheet from the derby. State which Derby you participated in. Name the witness.